Just another WordPress.com site
Archive for the ‘Mughlai Briyani Recipe’ Category
|Ingredients:1 1/2 kg chicken cut into small pieces
2 medium onions sliced
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp ginger, ground
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/4 kg tomatoes
10 green whole cardamom
4 black whole cardamom
2 tbsp black cumin seeds
2 tbsp black pepper
2-4 bay leaves
2 cinnamon stick
2 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground mace
2 green chillies chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp of saffron, dissolved in a cup of hot milk
5 cups rice
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions.
- Cook on medium-low heat until golden brown.
- Remove onions and add chicken to the pan, stirring until brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add yoghurt and half of the cooked onion and garlic/ginger.
- Blend and add to chicken.
- Also add tomatoes, cloves, black pepper, black cumin, bay leaf, cardamoms and a stick of cinnamon.
- Add coriander powder, salt and white pepper.
- Cook for half an hour on medium heat.
- Stir frequently.
- When the water has dried up and the chicken is done, add nutmeg and mace.
- Boil rice in eight cups of water with salt and the remaining spices.
- Cook approximately for 10 minutes; drain the water leaving the whole spices with the rice.
- In a pan, make alternate layers of rice and chicken.
- Add half of the lemon juice, remaining onions and the chillies.
- Pour 1/4-cup oil on the top along with the saffron/milk mixture.
- Place in pre-heated oven (350 degrees) for one hour.